Mr MacDonald, our Head of School is leaving and we need to find a new head of school. This week, three candidates came to our school to interview for the position of the head of school. The Elementary School, Middle School and High School student councils met together to interview the three candidates. Before meeting with the candidates, the ESSC reps met and came up with the following questions:
- What experience have you had being a head of school (or another management position)?
- What are some things you are planning to do in our school?
- Why do you want to be a head of school?
- What do you think is the role of a Student Council?
- Please tell us about a time when you handled a big problem.
- She is very nice and friendly which is important for our school
- She seems like a good problem solver
- She would be good for this school because she had many experiences dealing with difficult situations.
- He is really funny
- He thought it was important to respect everyone and to know what everyone is thinking
- He said he was good in dealing with people
- Interested in outdoor education
- Nice to talk to
- Very “open”
Mr Stanworth said that the candidates mentioned how much they had enjoyed meeting with the student council.