Films meeting the following criteria are eligible for entry in the Kanto Plain Film Festival:
- Films must be made by members of the school community of a KPASS school, and feature the work of students.
- Films must be completed between Friday 21 April 2017 and Friday 20 April 2018.
- Films must be the original work of the filmmakers; any non-original content must be used with license and in accordance with the provisions of that license. All non-original content must be appropriately credited. (see the Guide to Crediting Your Film in Resources)
- Films of 5 minutes or less are recommended, however films of any length will be considered; films longer than 5 minutes must be accompanied by a 5 minute excerpt or trailer.
- The content of films must be acceptable within the community standards of the sponsoring school; films screened at the festival will be selected with the intention of screening for all ages.
- Awards may only be awarded to filmmakers who are in attendance at the Film Festival, unless staff supervisor is notified in advance of a compelling reason for absence.
- The films of filmmakers who are in attendance at the Film Festival will be given priority for screening.
production still: The Homework Network, Dir. Koa Kellenberger, Nishimachi IS, 2016