Today we looked at how to break down a topic to prepare for an essay or speech.
Follow the same process for your own speeches:
- Start with your thesis (opinion or argument on the topic)
- Brainstorm reasons for and against
- Think about the counter-arguments for the reasons against
- Now try to group your topics together (like the image above)
- Now plan and write your speech, using the speech planner and the persuasive techniques we learned about!
HINT: If you want to refer to the earlier model speech, check here.