This Wednesday, September 21st, we celebrated INTERNATIONAL PEACE DAY.
- We viewed Ted Talk to Jeremey Gilley – One Day of Peace
- We developing word banks about peace to create our own word search…
- Peace and calm
- Philosophical words of peace
- Political words
- War and peace
- Bullying and conflict
- We also used Tagxedo – creator to present key words
- We made Peace doves hand print
- We came up with peace slogans
- Throughout the day we listened to songs related to peace such as
- Big Yellow Taxi by Counting Crows
- Imagine by John Lennon
- Two Tribes by Frankie Goes to Hollywood
- Heal the World by Michael Jackson
- We viewed The Butter Battle by Dr. Seuss and The Zax
- We wrote Poetry
- We gave and received compliments
We were very peaceful.
In UOI / Language…
We read a short piece about well known peacemakers… Gandhi, Eleanor Roosevelt, Martin Luther King, J.F.K, to name a few. The children made presentations to the class to impart information about why they believed their person was a peacemaker.
We carried on with mean, median, mode and range. We also reviewed all our work on data handling to prepare for an assessment task – steps in statistical investigation. Be warned, they may be looking for people to survey!