We don’t have too much ‘down time’ in 5H… just enough I’d say, although the kids might challenge me on that!
Each fortnight we have a designated time for collaborative activity. During this time, the students can choose what they work/play on, as long as they are doing it with others.
Often students choose…
- board games
- card games
- art / craft
- Develops higher level thinking skills
- Promotes student-student / student – teacher interaction and familiarity
- Builds self-esteem
- Develops oral communication skills
- Develops social interaction skills
- Creates an environment of active, involved, exploratory learning
- Enhances self-management skills
- Fits in well with the constructivist approach
- requires students to self-manage
- and the list goes on
Here are a few photos of today’s session (it differs most sessions).