Summative Assessment Task:
Criterion A – Knowledge and Understanding, Criterion B – Developing Skills, Criterion C- Thinking, Criterion D – Responding
ATL Skills: Organization, Communication, Thinking
- For the Second Semester you will be working on a trio called “Minuet” by J.S. Bach (click here for rehearsal) . Click here for G6 J.S.Bach Minuet full arrangement
- Your journal will be used to demonstrate your rehearsal process and progress and is Graded as a Summative Assessment using all four assessment criterion
- In each video you should start with stating your GOAL for this week.
Major Scales & Warmup Exercises
Please use CORRECT FINGERINGS for scales. (they are marked on the link below)
- Next perform a given major scale ( GO HERE for all Major key fingerings for both hands ) and one other warm-up exercise that will be used to improve your technique.
Short Melody or Etudes
- Then perform your Short Melody/Etude (click for library)
- *NOT STARTING THIS YET – Next include your performance of what you have been working on in your Piece
Reflect on Progress and Process
- Finish by giving an in depth Reflection on your progress and process
Post Your Video link on the Spreadsheet
- Criterion A – Knowledge and Understanding – Your performance will be graded on your ability to read music notation correctly, perform in tempo, and use appropriate expression
- Criterion B – Skills – Then perform your chosen Performance Piece
- Criterion C – Thinking – Set Goals for the week that are both achievable and challenging
- Criterion D – Responding – Reflect on your progress. This needs to be an in depth reflection. Leading Questions to Answer
1. How did the warmup exercises help you improve your playing?
2. How does sight reading of short melodies help you improve your playing?
3. How does Goal setting help you?
4. How does Reflection help you?
5. How does regular practice help you improve your playing?
6. Which of the above can you improve on and how will you do that in the second semester?
- Your videos should demonstrate how you break down your learning into specific components and how you keep adjusting your rehearsal process to improve problem areas
- You will need to create weekly videos which demonstrate your weekly progress while learning your performance piece
- If you do not post weekly videos you will not be able to score a 7/8
- You will need to share these videos by copying the URL of each video into the Practice Journal Spreadsheet