PERFORMING ON AN INSTRUMENT
You will be assessed using:
- Criteria B – Developing Skills
- ATL: Organization skills, Collaboration skills, Thinking skills
Here are some of the things I will be focusing my assessment on:
- performance skills – are you keeping a steady tempo and able to perform the rhythms correctly. Demonstrate proper technique on your instrument. Are you able to perform dynamics and accents.
- are you prepared for the performance?
- if things go wrong during the performance have you worked out a plan to get back on track?
- if in a group who is the leader or conductor?
- your ability to stay organized and on task during during both rehearsals and performance
- your ability to communicate with the other members of your group and the audience
- your attitude toward learning and respect for other students in your group and the classroom
- professionalism on stage during the performance