Rhythmic Composition Project
Compositions will be created in pairs. You may choose your own partner.
NEATLY compose & notate an original rhythmic piece. Utilize a variety of rhythmic patterns that include, but are not limited to:
- Whole notes/rests
- Half notes/rests
- Quarter notes/rests
- Eighth notes/rests
- Sixteenth notes/rests
- Dotted notes/rests
- Each group member will compose & perform one part, Part I or Part 2
- Must be a minimum of 16 measures/bars. (May be longer if you wish).
- Pick a time signature & place the rhythmic counts under the notes in each part.
- Check the rough draft for the correct number of beats in each
- Add dynamics and articulations.
- Practice clapping the composition WITH dynamics &
- Pick body percussion sounds for each part and practice performing your composition.
- Each student will critique performances of other groups as well as their own in-class
FINAL Drafts & In-class performances =