EACH PERSON will be expected to keep a reflective journal GOOGLE DOC which outlines YOUR PROCESS of composing. Include an in depth overview of how you went about accomplishing your task by clearly identifying and discussing things that both worked and did not work by giving examples and explaining why that was so. Give possible solutions to try next time for any areas that did not work they way you planned in order to better succeed next time.
The following questions SHOULD be answered in your reflective journal:
THESE SHOULD BE ANSWERED IN DEPTH (give examples of how you did it and what worked and did not work and WHY)
- Outline your composing process. (how did you go about creating your composition?)
- Is there a clear theme to the piece?
- What kind of note values did you use in your one measure theme? (example: 1/8 and 1/16 notes and rests)
- Where did you use repetition?
- What techniques did you use to create interest? (Tempo changes, dynamics, solo and group playing, different sounds, more variety of rhythms etc)
- How can I improve my composition? (what works and what could be improved and HOW?)
- How did I collaborate with my group members?
- If you had problems HOW did you solve them?