On Wednesday we will complete a quiz on light.
Here are some study questions to help you with this:
Test date: Wednesday 13th June
You should be able to:
1. Define and explain the words transparent, translucent and opaque, and give an example of something which is each of these, and explain why it is useful.
2. Show how light reflects off a mirror, and describe the relationship between the angles of incidence and reflection, and label these angles on a ray diagram.
3. Draw ray diagrams to show why an image is seen in a plane (flat) mirror.
4. Draw your name as it would be reflected in a mirror.
5. State the primary (additive) colours (red, blue and green).
6. Describe what colour differently coloured objects will appear when they have different colours of light (and white light) shone at them and are looked at through different filters.
7. Draw labelled ray diagrams to show what happens to a light ray as it is refracted through a rectangular block (of glass, perspex etc).
8. Draw a ray diagram to show why a rod looks bent in water.
9. Draw a ray diagram to show what happens to white light as it is refracted through a prism and separated into a spectrum.
Try this to help you learn the terms