- Choose one problem facing cities. Research possible reasons for the problem and some of the ways cities are trying to address these problem.
- Traffic in LEDC
- Traffic in MEDC
- Pollution in MEDC
- Pollution in LEDC
- Physical fittness
- Waste Management
- Water quality
- Population growth
- Inequality (gender, ethnic, etc)
- Any other issue (with teacher consent)
Part 2: Find a Solution
In groups, you will design a FUN solution to an urban problem facing a specific city.
Your design can be technological, legal, infrastructure, education, anything that you can think of. Money is not an issue.
You will need to:
- Define the problem in the context of your city.
- Create a design plan to your invention following each step of the MYP design cycle
- Create a pitch for this solution
Write a review on your blog (include screenshots):
Did you learn anything by playing? Can you use any of your vocab terms
Who is the audience?
Why should people play it?
What was the point of the game?
Was it fun? What could have made it more fun?
Thumbs up, down, or sideways?
Grade 5 Lesson – Introduction to Humanities