- Evaluate the importance of ideology in (a) causing the civil war, and (b) attracting outside involvement. (Nov 2010)
- Evaluate the causes of a twentieth century civil war. (May 2009)
- Examine the impact of foreign intervention on either the Chinese Civil War or the Spanish Civil War. (May 2007)
- The Second United Front existed from early 1937 to the Japanese surrender in 1945. To what extent was it really ‘united’?
To what extent did the Nationalists’ failure to resolve economic crises contribute to their defeat in the Chinese Civil War (1946–1949)?
Evaluate the three most important reasons for the CCP victory in the Chinese Civil War.
- Assess the importance of guella warfare in the Chinese Civil war.