Writing Your Reflection For Your Report
As part of the reporting process this year, all students in G6-11 will be completing a reflection based on their achievements and goals. This reflection will be published on your report, next to your tutor’s comments about you. As you write your reflection, you should consider a number of factors. A well-written report reflection could include comments about:
- Motivation: how you think you have worked this semester.
- Achievement: specific reference to goals you set for yourself this semester in relation to the tasks set, highlighting individual successes.
- Ways to improve: ATL skills that can be developed across your classes. Reminder: ATL skills relate to Communication, Social, Self Management, Research, Thinking
- Future assignments: in your classes or elsewhere such as the EE/PP; this can be linked to ways to improve
- Participation in class / discussion
- References to significant school activities outside of the classroom: sports, activities, performances, etc.
- Think about your mid semester report and the comments teachers made about your successes. Look for common themes between classes. Ask yourself what you’re most proud about? Make a list of these things.
- Think about the comments teachers made about areas you could work to improve. Are teachers in different classes asking you to participate more? Are teachers mentioning your handwriting? Are teachers mentioning your ability to organise ideas? Are teachers mentioning your ability to work in a group/team? (these are just some examples). Make a list of these things.
- Think about your life outside of the classroom. How have you contributed to the YIS community? What service activities have you participated in that you are proud of? What sports team did you participate in? What about Arts activities, such as performance. Then, think about what you learned from these activities. Make a list of these things.
- Your reflection may be no more than 950 characters long (including spaces). Remember, this will be part of your official report card, so it is important that you write in accurate English and in a formal way.
Grade 7 Student
This semester I have worked engagingly and been well-organized. My goals for this semester was to improve on my communication skills and interaction with my fellow classmates. I have achieved these goals through projects, partner work, group discussion, debates and many more. In Individual & Societies we had a debate on Renaissance art and inventions. I was able to win the debate by using my communication skills. This sparked my confidence on communicating and interacting with people in various ways. On the other hand I believe that my research skills can be improved. For example I would like to work on researching things based on questions I have on a topic. In addition, I believe that I can be further involved in class discussions. For assignments I often try to finish the project at once. Therefore I will improve on my time management skills for future assignments. Outside of classes I have been involved in the MS Chowa and MSG Volleyball. (957 characters)