Vous allez faire un voyage à Paris pour un week-end.
Qu’est-ce que vous allez visiter?
Qu’est-ce que vous allez faire?
This group project will require that you explore the sights of Paris and plan a weekend trip in the French capital. Your trip will include sightseeing and leisure activities.
At the end of your research on what to see and what to do in Paris, you will present your trip using Google Earth: you will give a virtual tour of your planned weekend visit with an audio commentary in French.
In order to include all required information you need to follow these steps:
- Research the monuments and sights of Paris illustrated on your planning sheet: identify them and then look for information on the Internet. Additionally, you may review the places mentioned in “Mise en Train” pg.170 and for more details in “Mise en Pratique” pg.194 in your online texts.)
- On your planning sheet, you will then list six places of interest and decide what you are going to do there. Write full sentences using the future form with ALLER.
- Include leisure activities with trips to the following:
- au cinéma, au théâtre, à l’opéra, à la patinoire, au stade
- au café ou au restaurant.
- Under the section “Arrange your ideas chronologically”, you will rearrange the order of your visit by adding time frames such as days, times of the day and times. Plan your activities as realistically as possible with leisure activities within reasonable distance of the monuments and at times that are suitable. You will need to mention time frames for both sightseeing and leisure activities. (Review “Note de grammaire” pg.173)
- Say with whom you are going to go and use the pronoun “on” to describe what both your partner and you are going to do.
- Use sequencing words such as: et, mais, d’abord (first), ensuite (next), après ça (after that), enfin (finally).
- Write the whole script of your virtual visit so as to record it in a seamless fashion. Both partners should contribute to the audio commentary.
- Your virtual tour should include images for each place of interest and their sources.
Check the document “Visite virtuelle de Paris” if you need help with Google Earth.
You will have three class periods and personal time to complete this project. Make sure you submit your script for proofreading before recording your commentary.
Bonne visite !