Bonjour la classe,
Vous aimez la neige?
Today, due to “la neige”, you have been asked to stay home and work on your different subjects through our e-learning policy. For French, I would like you to use your online textbooks and practice some exercises on what we have learned so far in our unit “Faisons connaissance!”
Please log in to your online textbooks and go to Chapitre 1 and under the tab “Faisons connaissance !” you will scroll down to select the first “Grammaire supplémentaire” title. Click on “Go!” and complete exercises 1 and 2 by clicking on the link below each exercise entitled “Cahier électronique” . Once you have opened this new window, you can start typing your answers in it. Please provide answers in full sentences. Make sure you click on “Save” to save your work.
Once you have completed both exercises, go back to the tab “Grammaire supplémentaire” and click on it to scroll down this time to the 2nd “Grammaire supplémentaire” series of exercises. Do the same as above and complete exercises 3 to 5.
When you have completed all exercises, please post them on your blogs under a new title, “Grammaire supplémentaire”. To post them, you can go back to your saved work and copy and paste your answers, which should be in full sentences.
Je m’appelle Claire. J’aime lire!
Let’s explore how these students are introducing themselves and let’s find out about their likes and dislikes.
Log in to your online textbooks and go to chapter 1 “Faisons connaissance !”.
Click on the Book Pages tab and select the Mise en Train Salut, les copains! section on page 18-20. Go through all sections from Stratégie to number 8. Practice your listening skills by listening to all dialogues. (Click on the sound button in each section.) Repeat after each sentence to practice your speaking skills. Make sure you have a good understanding of their introductions before starting the exercises. You may want to listen one more time to all presentations while following with the text by clicking on the play all button above Activités.
Go to the Activités menu and do activities 1 to 5, in that order. For each activity, you will read all questions that appear in a separate window. To answer those questions, you will need to click on Cahier électronique. Once this dialogue box opens, you can enter your responses and click on “SAVE” to save them.
Post all your answers to the above exercises on your blogs under the unit title Faisons connaissance! You may copy and paste your answers directly on your blogs or post screen shots of your answers. You are expected to write full sentences as much as possible.
Deadline for completion: Next class on Monday, November 30.
You will produce a recorded oral presentation entitled “Mes préférences”.
- To write your script, you will use your class notes and follow the format introduced in class.
- Once your script is completed, you will work on your visual support.
Visuals can be created in PowerPoint or Keynote format. You may want to create a presentation directly in Google docs. or upload your slides to iMovie. You should also include your recorded script to either tool and synchronize your speech with your visuals.
A few tips on the writing of your script:
- Include all the required elements
- Organize your ideas clearly to avoid repeating yourself
- Check your spelling as it will help your pronunciation.
A few tips on the use of visuals:
Your presentation should be visually appealing and help your audience understand what you are presenting orally.
- Include a title for each slide/frame (if using iMovie) to reinforce your spoken message
- Do not include too much text, only keywords or headings in a big enough font.
- Keep the background simple so as not to distract your audience from your main ideas.
- Use images from Google Images or Creative Commons that are relevant and specific.
- Your images should be of a certain size: do not use images that are of a too low resolution, as they become pixelated when enlarged.
- When enlarging your images, preserve the proportions by holding down the shift key while dragging a corner point.
- Make sure you cite your sources in your bibliography at the end of your presentation.
A few tips on the delivery of your speech
- Practice reading your script; make sure you know how to pronounce all vocabulary fluently. If you don’t, use a(n) (online) dictionary.
- Give a convincing presentation about your preferences through a lively delivery of your script and avoid reading without expression.
A few tips about combining speech and visuals
- Make sure you know what content of your speech goes with each slide, to ensure good synchronization of your speech with your visuals.
- Make your presentation dynamic by including a variety of visuals, so that your whole narration is not done over one static image.
- Avoid speaking too fast or on the contrary too slowly with long pauses when describing your preferences. Transitions between slides should be smooth.
Class time : Tuesday December 2nd to complete your script and begin work on your visuals.
Outside class : use of homework time to complete your project.
Make sure you have either shared your recorded presentation/iMovie with me or sent it to me as an attachment by the beginning of our class on Wednesday December 10.
Bonjour la classe,
Welcome to this year’s Grade 6 French! I hope you are all excited to learn this new language… but, actually, is it really a totally new language for you?
Have a look at this Wordle and see how many French expressions or words you already know.
You will be surprised to find out that you are probably using already a number of them!
Now, make your own Wordle in your blogs with the French words you know. They could be words that are used in the English language, just like those above, or they could be French words that you have learned or come across before joining this class.
Today during your period 7 French class, you will practice online with Linguascope the numbers we have learned in our unit and expand your knowledge by challenging more difficult numbers in French. Once you have completed all activities online and you think you are ready to apply your knowledge, you will work on the worksheets that will be given out in class.
First, login to the Linguascope home page with our school username and password (posted on the whiteboard in our classroom) and select the Elementary section for learning. You will be directed to the Houlala page where you will select Galaxie Trois. There you will go to Planète nombres and practice all activities either on your own or with a partner if you wish to be a bit competitive.
Next, you will leave the Elementary section of Linguascope and go to the Beginner section that will take you to the Bonjour page. In Les Bases (basic vocabulary) you will select Les dizaines. Practice all activities from “Présentation” to “Contrôle final” and check how much you have learned. Once you think you can confidently use those numbers, practice on the worksheets. You may complete them at home.
Please complete all exercises of 1ère Etape of your “Practice and Activity” worksheets on chapter 1. This assignment will be due next class.
Une petite conversation entre Claire, Ann, Marc et Jérôme
Let’s explore the conversation taking place between our young students at the collège!
Log in to your online textbooks and go to chapter 2 “Vive l’école !”.
Click on the Book Pages tab and select the Mise en Train La Rentrée section on page 48-50. Go through all sections from Stratégie to number 10. Practice your listening skills by listening to all dialogues. (Click on the sound button in each section.) Repeat after each dialogue to practice your speaking skills. Make sure you have a good understanding of the story before starting the exercises. You may want to listen one more time to the whole episode while following with the text by clicking on the play all button above Activités.
Go to the Activités menu and do activities 1 to 6. Save your answers on the Cahier électronique.
Post all your answers to the above exercises on your blogs under the unit title Vive l’école! You may copy and paste your answers directly on your blogs or post screen shots of your answers. You are expected to write full sentences as much as possible.
Deadline for completion: Next class on Friday, February 8.