This week, Grade 2 prepared to teach each other what they learned during their personal inquiries into how the lifestyle choices we make affect our health. Before sharing what they had learned, the students prepared themselves by thinking about the question: How can we communicate our learning?
We asked the student to share their ideas and this about the following:
|What do we want to do?
||What communication skills will we need to achieve our purpose?
- Teach others what we have learned
- Help others be healthy
- Getting information from others to help us stay healthy
- Be knowledgeable
- Speak clearly and loudly
- Don’t be shy
- Be prepared -Think about what you are going to say.
- Concentrate on what you are saying – Don’t get distracted
- Be a little bit nervous so that you really try to do a good job
- Have a calm body
- Listen with our whole body
- Use expression and hand gestures to explain
The students were very interested in hearing what their classmates had learned. They enjoyed teaching each other as well.
As a reflection, we asked the students to share their ideas :
|What was our purpose?
||How did we effectively use our communication skills?
||What Learner Profile attitudes and attributes did we display? How?
- Share our learning
- To learn from other people
- To make people healthier and stronger
- To listen to others
- To concentrate on what the people who are teaching are saying
- We were teachings each other what we learned
- We talked with expression
- We were respectful because we listend and cared about what the others were saying
- I focused on what I wanted to teach
- I thought about teaching everything that I found out
- I was always looking at the person who was teaching me
- We were communicators because we were using expression
- We are inquirers because we are learning about new things
- We are inquirers because we were trying to find out how to be healthy