This week, we will begin our unit on Rivers.
In groups of 3 or 4, use the topographic map of Rose Belle in Mauritius to answer the following questions about the La Chaux River:
- What direction is the river flowing?
- Describe the area surrounding the river. Shape, inclination, formation etc.
- Where do you expect the current of the river to be stronger? Explain your answer
- Suggest reasons for the shape of the river. (meanders)
- Suggest reasons for the varying widths of the river.
- Suggest why there are scrubs on the banks of the river.