Two groups: 1 MEDC, 1 LEDC
For a recent* earthquake event of your choice:
- Describe the characteristics of the earthquake
- Areal extent
- Speed of onseet
2. Describe the tectonic processes of the hazard event
3. Describe the factors affecting earthquake damage
- Population density
- Type of buildings
- Time of day
- Distance from the epicenter
- Types of rocks and sediments
4. Describe the social, political, environmental and economic consequences of the disaster.
- Estimated cost of damages
- Death toll and injuries
- Describe the management of the hazard event – before, during and after
- Planning, preparation, prediction, hazard mapping, evacuation, warnings.
- Help with recovery, aid – local, regional and international, role of NGOs.
- Environmental degradation
5. Include maps, graphs and tables.