By now, we have read:
- Santha Rama Rau’s By any Other Name
- J. Bentley & G. Ziegler’s The Building of Global Empires
- George Orwell’s Killing an Elephant
In your groups, write a short letter to an imaginary friend or relative as one of the following person, depicting, from that person’s point of view, the events described in the story. Be imaginative and include as many details as possible.
- Santha Rama Rau’s headmistress
- A Burmese onlooker at the killing of the elephant
- The elephant owner
Homework: Read Orwell’s A hanging for tomorrow, Wednesday.