IB Requirement: Identify the biotic and abiotic resources of continental shelves, oceans and ocean floor deposits.
As you watch the video:
- Consider the various needs oceans fulfill for humans and the Earth as a whole.
- Consider the need for a global agreement on the preservation of oceans.
- Consider the difficulties in regulating oceans.
Explain the 3 ways that natural resources can be valued. (How van you measure it’s worth?)
Explain why we fail to account for many the oceans values
Explain the problems that we cause by failing to accurately account for the ocean’s value
- Annotate your sketch map showing the main areas where various types of fishing, tourism and mining occurs in the ocean.
- Color code the biotic and abiotic resources.
3. Rank the top 5 most valuable resources of oceans and justify your answers.