Last class, we discussed how the clothes we wear come from companies with production chains spread out across the world. We then discussed the reasons for this “global interaction.”
Another term for this is Globalization
1. In groups, discuss and create your own definition of globalization.
2. We will read Jean Bertrand Aristide’s Globalization:A view from Below. Mr. Aristide is the former president of Haiti.
2. In the same groups, research one of the following topics relating to the benefits and drawbacks of globalization. Make sure to have statistics and case studies to strengthen your arguments. You will present your findings in front of the class in 30 minutes.
- The technology that is making globalization possible
- Economic benefits (for the country and the people)
- Economic drawbacks (for the country and the people)
- Impact on culture
- Environmental impact