- As you watch the video, list the infractions committed by Nike and its contractors, and group them in categories related to the Definition of CSR we have studied.
- Using the Definition of CSR we have studied, explain how Nike is following three of the points listed in the article.
2: Volvo in Brazil
As you watch the video, answer the following questions:
- List the main reasons that Volvo decided to invest in Brazil.
- Why do you think the Brazilian government was actively involved in attracting Volvo to invest in their country?
- What is meant by the decentralizing of manufacturing? Why would a government adopt this policy?
- What is the significance of good infrastructure to a manufacturing business?
- Describe the quality of the labor force in Curitiba.
- What is meant by the term “yellow” machinery?
- How has Volvo demonstrated its commitment to the environment and occupational health and safety?
- How does Volvo demonstrate its community consciousness