In class today we will discuss the causes of migration.
Using a national migration movement that has occurred in recent times, created an annotated graphic of the movement using Lee’s migration model. (You may use China’s rural to urban migration or the Papua New Guinea Case study in Codrington p. 40-45)
Then, answer the following questions:
- Considering the living standards at the destination, do you think that the migrants considered carefully whether or not they would migrate? Explain your answer.
- Do you think push or pull factors were more important in influencing the migration?
Be ready to show your model and discuss your answers with the class.
International Migration. As a group, we will complete this document
You will write a 5 paragraph essay answering the following question: Evaluate an international migrations in terms of their geographic (S.P.E.E.D) impacts at their origins and destinations.
- Fully understand the command term and what is expected of you. (deconstruct it)
- Establish context
- Refer to models (apply it to your CS if possible)
- Give reasons for the migration
- Analyze initiatives being implemented to adress problems
- Evaluate key players involved in the conflict
- Use up to date maps, graphs and statistics
- Cambodia to Thailand ***
- Somalia Refugees
- Afghan Refugees
- Syrian Refugees
- USA/Mexico border crossing
- Filipino Women Migrant workers
- Turkey to Germany
- Immigration into Nigeria
- Zimbabwe to South Africa