Today, you will write your research question for your Syria scrapbook.
A research question is statement that provides the major objective or intent or roadmap to the study.
1. Does the question deal with a topic or issue that interests me enough to spark my own thoughts and opinions?
2. Is the question easily and fully researchable?
3. What type of information do I need to answer the research question?
4. Is the scope of this information reasonable? (e.g., can I really research 30 on-line writing programs developed over a span of 10 years?)
5. Given the type and scope of the information that I need, is my question too broad, too narrow, or o.k.?
6. What sources will have the type of information that I need to answer the research question (journals, books, internet resources, government documents, people)?
7. Can I access these sources?
For further guidance, search “good qualitative research question” and look at university websites on the topic.