- Hale: Health Adjusted Life Expectancy: Number of years in full health that a newborn can expect ct to live (minus disease and injury)
- DALY: Disability-Adjusted Life Year (DALY) is a measure of overall disease burden, expressed as the number of years lost due to ill-health, disability or early death. (days/100 000 pop)
- Incidence (epidemiology): number of confirmed cases annually
- Prevalence: number of cases per 10 000 pop
1. Complete this Google doc
2. Rank all of these diseases on the epidemiological transition model from 1>5
3. Can you classify diseases in terms of socio-economic prevalence?
Homework: Read Codrington p. 443 to 449