We have been discussing how companies adapt their products to better fit different markets, considering local culture, tastes and laws.
- Choose one cultural item that you know well and are interested in. This could be a dance, a style of music, a sport, a food item, a piece of clothing etc. The cultural item can come from any country, but it should probably be one that you are familiar with.
- Choose one country you would want to promote the item to. It should be a country with a different culture, background, climate, etc.
- Write a one-paragraph background. How did the the thing originate initially? How is it sold today? How is it practiced/worn/performed/etc in the country of origin?
- Adapt the product for the new country. Consider ways that you have to adapt it for the new culture.
- Create a one page ad/poster or 30 second commercial for the adapted product