This is a continuation/review of the paper 1 unit on Migration. Quick review
Explain the causes and effects of one major flow of labour between two countries.
Describe cultural traits in terms of language, customs, beliefs, dress, images, music, food and technology. Examine the diffusion of cultural traits resulting from the international movement of workers, tourists and commodities.
What is Culture?
What is a Diaspora?
Part 1: We will read Guinness p. 142 to 144
- Complete this Google doc.
- Considering what we know about Mexican Culture, research one examples of adaptation, adoption and cultural diffusion of Mexican Culture into American culture.
Part 2: US Attempts at Controlling Immigration
1. Research the USCIS and my Diigo website to answer the following questions
- What is a green card? What benefits does it entail?
- What are the general requirements to obtain US Citizenship?
- Are there any special regulations for children?
- What is the Flores Protection?
- Under US law, what is considered an illegal alien?