I will be absent today. Here is the work to be done.
Gr 12 Geo, Periods 5 and 6
- We will do the presentations on consumer culture at the beginning of next class
- Read the chapter on Sociocultural Interactions in Guinness 168-180, I think or Codrington 632 to 640 (longer but better, more detailed) and create an outline for the following IB type essay: Examine the impact of cultural diffusion on one indigenous and remote society through the influence of international interactions.
- Due next class
Grade 8C – InS, Period 8
Leave the homework on my desk, or email it to me.
- Tomorrow morning we will go down to Motomachi to complete the third part of the Yokohama Globalization project.
- Today, you need to devise a plan to collect all the necessary information in under an hour.
- Make groups of 3 or 4
- Plan a route for each member, we will only cover the main shopping street, from the Starbucks to the first traffic light, moving West.
- Create a data collection sheet so that each member will collect similar data (eg: name of store, location, product, country of origin etc. See project description for details.)
- You will be given clipboards and a Surveyor’s Wheel to measure distance.
See you tomorrow!