Today we will look at the different roles of urban planning.
Then, we will look at the Tokyo Olympic plan to answer question 2 of the handout.
- Look at the Tokyo Olympic plan
- List the major changes that will happen
- Create a + – i list
- Think of problems that may occur with this plan
- Who might be opposed to some of this plan?
Research a group of people who are opposed to an aspect of the Tokyo Olympics taking place. It could be about building development, government spending, environmental issues etc.
List their main concerns over the Tokyo Olympic development plan.
3: We will create our own city!
Here is the project and TSC
Write you team and topic here.
I will be absent today to go on the InS 9 field trip to Kamakura.
Here is the work for today:
Periods 3, 4: 8c InS
- You have both periods to finish your Historical Perspective Project.
- Your essays and presentations are due on Wednesday.
- Those of you doing presentations or videos, you will present on Wednesday.
- If you finish early you may work on other homework
Periods 5, 6: InS 10
- Create a google doc titled InS10 – YOUR NAME – Guatemala Reflection
- Write a one page reflection on Mr. Mejia’s discussion.
- What information had the greatest impact on you and why?
- Think about the challenges he faced and the changes that he has seen.
- How do you compare what you read on the PBS site to what Mr. Mejia said?
- Remember the reflection reveals your critical thoughts and shows your ability to analyse the information that you have on the topic (in this case Guatemala and the civil war).
Second Period: On the same google doc:
- Working with a partner find one current human rights issue from two different major news sources (remember the sources you used for the Syria Conflict Project)
- Paste each article on the document and write a short paragraph that state:
- the type of right being addressed
- why it’s important
- a short synopsis of what has happened
- what action(s) you feel need to be taken.
- Do the articles agree?
- Due at the end of class.
We will have a guest speaker o Friday to discuss human rights in Guatemala.
- Read the timeline on the Guatemalan Civil War and click through each section.
- Short background reading on the Guatemalan Civil War and human rights abuses.
- Now watch the short PBS documentary Guatemala: The Secret Files.
- In Groups: Think of five questions you would ask someone who lived in Guatemala during this time frame and was directly affected by the Civil War.
- We will share our questions.