- Explain the global distribution of diseases of affluence.
- Explain the global distribution of diseases of poverty.
- Hale: Health Adjusted Life Expectancy: Number of years in full health that a newborn can expect ct to live (minus disease and injury)
- Incidence (epidemiology): number of confirmed cases annually
- Prevalence: number of cases per 10 000 pop
1. Complete this google doc
2. Rank all of these diseases on the epidemiological transition model from 1>5 on the first table the doc in #1
3. Can you classify diseases in terms of socio-economic prevalence?
If time, read Codrington p. 443 to 459