IB expectation: Examine the role of oceans as a store and source of carbon dioxide (CO2).
Carbon is present in all living things and is in a state of dynamic equilibrium i.e. it is constantly the same level on Earth but always changing forms and location. It is an a state of constant flux. (Continuous change)
- Draw a labeled diagram explaining the carbon cycle
- Describe the chemical process of ocean acidification
- Explain the effect of ocean acidification on crustaceans
- Explain the effect of ocean acidification on humans
In class, open book essay
- Write a 25 minute, 10 point, essay on the following IB style Question:
Examine the role of oceans as a store and source of CO2
Make sure to include a thesis statement, three arguments and a clear conclusion.
Also, include all of the following vocabulary terms:
- Carbon sink
- Carbon cycle
- Oceanic conveyor belt
- Carbon transfer
Homework for the break: