- Discuss the sovereignty rights of nations in relation to territorial limits and exclusive economic zones (EEZ).
- Examine a geopolitical conflict in relation to an oceanic resource, other than fishing.
In your table groups or individually, make a copy of this google doc and complete it together using first the 2 sources, and then the video.
- My Diigo Tag: Senkaku
- The Economist: Who Really owns the Senkaku Islands?
- BBC: How Uninhabited Islands soured Japan-China Ties
IB Style Questions:
1. What rights and responsibilities does a country posses when it has sovereignty over an area of ocean? 
2. Explain two differences between sovereignty rights and EEZs. [2+2]
3. Choose a current (ongoing) geopolitical conflict over an ocean resource that is not fishing. Describe the conflict and its implications and then suggest a realistic solution to the conflict. 
3. “Geopolitical conflicts over oceans, including their resources, will only get worse in the future.” Discuss this statement.  (m15-3c)