We have been discussing how corporations, in their attempts to increase profit, have either cut costs in processing, or improved labor and environmental standards.
Today, we will discuss slavery in the 21st century.
First, how many slaves do you own?
- What factors most affected your results?
- What type of industry is most prone to using slavery?
- Are there other sectors you can think of?
- Why would companies resort to such practices?
- Does knowing this change the way you will shop?
Remember the supply chain video form the previous lesson? How does this make CSR and corporate accountability more difficult?
We will then begin our first summative assessment: The Corporate Gaffe
Ideas: Forbes Year’s Biggest Gaffes
9A: Friday September 16
9C: Wednesday September 14