Explain the characteristics and spatial distribution of Earthquakes
This is will also be used for the first part of Oceans and their Coastal Margins: Morphology of Oceans:
- Describe the main features of oceanic crust and ocean floor morphology.
- Explain the occurrence of oceanic volcanic features, trenches, transform faults, mid-ocean ridges and rifts in terms of plate margins.
Copy and complete this table:
|Type of plate boundary||Name of boundary||Resulting landform / example||Picture||Process|
|Divergent (constructive)||mid ocean ridge|
|Oceanic Continental Convergence|
|Plate Boundary Zone|
This just might be the best video I have ever shown you:
Here’s a better, less entertaining one:
P, S Love and Rayleigh waves
- Using Bishop p. 40 to 46
- 4 groups – one drawer
- You have 7 minutes to draw, on the board a labeled diagram of an earthquake event, including: 
- Types of waves
- Types of faults
- Basic vocabulary
- ground shaking
- Explain the key principles of the Richter scale
- Best diagram wins an awesome prize!