Now that you have a good understanding of a disorder, its prevalence and its symptoms, it is time to look at stigma and treatment.
- What has surprised you in your research or in the posters you have looked at
- What are some misconceptions that people have about mental disorders?
- Can mental disorders be treated? How?
- What are some misconceptions that people have about treating mental disorders?
Researching Psychology. A message from Ms Vance:
Summative assessment: In your same groups, you will create a short video on your disorder, answering a research question that you will create about either stigma, treatment or both
Your research question question must be:
- informative to your audience
- about a stigma or the possible treatment of your disorder, or both
- focused about a subject that can be answered in the timeframe
- relevant to your disorder
- relevant to Japan
Possible ideas explaining:
- stigma (in Japan)
- multiple treatment options
- how you can help in Japan
- where people can go for help
Your video must clearly put the question in context and go on to answer it fully through:
- Named case studies and academic research
- Developing an understanding of the various issues facing the disorder
- Where relevant, information about Japanese organizations helping people with the disorder
- 2.5 to 3.5 minutes long