Columbus and the Native Americans.
What really happened and how do we see the social history of the Native Americans through their eyes?
Discussion: Kennedy, Thomas and Cohen reading
Now that we’ve read about the Indians and Columbus:
- What would you say about them based on your reading?
- How is our perception of them shaped by historians?
- What themes did our readings focus on?
- If there is a bias, where does it come from and how is it manifested?
Watch the simple animated video history,
- Has your perspective of Columbus changed?
- Of native Americans?
- How can you read history and be aware of biases?
- If you were to write about columbus, what themes would you focus on, knowing that you cannot write everything about everything?
- What themes did your readings choose?