We have been discussing different ways to reduce the impacts of climate change and limit it’s consequences. The goal here is to achieve sustainability?
Sustainability is achieved when any process that interacts with the environment replenishes what it uses so that the process is capable of continuing in perpetuity. If resources are used faster than they can replenish, then it is unsustainable.
Your first project will require you to address our statement of inquiry for this unit:
“In order to create a more sustainable community, we must be innovators.”
You will create a presentation explaining how you can reduce energy consumption in your home or YIS or Yokohama through innovation in order to make it more sustainable
- Groups of 2 or 3
- Working towards sustainability and energy saving
- Gain an understanding of energy consumption (bills, statistics etc)
- Describe ways you could save energy ? You can think outside the box in terms of technology or ways to reduce other resources in order to achieve sustainability
- Explain how you will implement the ideas – get family/school/city on board/make them do it?
- Think about conservation, recycling, reduction, reuse, substitution
This is a presentation, maximum 5 minutes long. Can be done in any way you like. Be creative!!
9A: February 6th
9C: February 14th