You will be given an OS map to conduct a feasibility study and produce an energy proposal for the map’s area. State what types of renewable energy would be suitable for the region, or what mix of these could be used, and the site where these could be employed.
Your product will be a hand drawn, annotated map on poster paper.
Your maps must include:
- Scale (cannot be the same as on your map)
- Grid reference
- Land use
- Elevation where relevant
- Main physical features
- Reference to map evidence
- Information on the region
- Energy usage
- Climate and meteorological trends
- Economic activities
- Handwritten annotations (15 words max) of site for each type of renewable energy usage with:
- Type of energy
- Expected energy production
- Statistics to support your choice
- Short explanation of your decision
- Graphs if necessary (with titles and numbers)
- Physical features that guided your decision
- Any other relevant information that can support your answer.
Due date: TBD (After spring break, but you will not be allowed to work on it during the break)