You will become familiar with the following:
- Foreign Direct Investment
- Fair Trade
- Debt Relief
- Market Access and Trade (Free Trade)
- Government (and policy)
- Micro financing
Period 2: Government and policy
In groups of 2, find a recent news article about a change in government policy aimed at reducing disparity in terms of:
- Gender equality
- Market access
- Sexual orientation
- Land ownership
- Human trafficking
- Economic disparity (income)
- Trade liberalization
- Free trade zones
- How have your ideas changed about reducing disparities?
- What difficulties are there when trying to reduce poverty?
- What do you think are the misconceptions about poverty and LICs?
- How can individuals help people in their communities and abroad in gaining a better quality of life?
- What might be the environmental impacts of LICs becoming more developed? Are there solutions?
- Is a more equal world possible?