What are creation myths?
What creation myths do you know?
What is the purpose of a creation myth?
Step 1: You and a partner/small group will look at one of the Creation Stories. As you read, complete a See Think Wonder routine on a large piece of paper. As you read, consider:
What do you see?
What do you think about that?
What does it make you wonder?
- Australian Aborigines
- North American Aborigines
- Hokkaido Aborigines
- Chinese Creation
- Christian Creation
- Hindu Creation
- Humanist Creation
- Jewish Creation
- Muslim Creation
- Yanomamo Sanem
- Baha’i Creation
- Another creation of your choice. Must be approved by Mr. McKeown
- Possible source
You will share your finding with your peers. Outlining similarities and differences of your myths
Step 2: Draw a 6 panel comic strip depicting the big lines of a religious story of your choice, approved by Mr. McKeown
- Your comic strip must include drawings, but writing is optional
- You must tell the whole story, beginning, middle and end, though some details can/should be omitted
- You will have a double period to finish your comic strip
Step 3: Put yourself in a group of 4 people. Make sure no one has the same religion. Share your strip (you may have to have a digital copy if you don’t have the original).
Step 4: Complete the Claim, Support, Question table, thinking about the similarities and differences between the religions. Be prepared to share with the whole class.