You are to take a question about religion and attempt to answer it, demonstrating research skills and an ability to communicate an understanding of multiple points of view.
Here are some example questions.
1) All world religions share the same characteristics? To what extent do you agree with this statement?
2) Analyze the effect of one world religion on one country? (i.e. Analyze has Buddhism affected Japan?)
3) If you want to understand a religion, it is important to understand how they organize their worship space. Citing a least two religions, analyze how the worship space (i.e Church/Mosque) reflects the values of the religion.
4) Evaluate how religion affected art? Use at least two religions in your work.
You will make your own analytical question. Just have it approved by the teacher.
- You must create something that has at least 250 written words and a thesis statement. These words do not necessarily have to be in paragraph format, though that is an option.
- You must answer the question as it is asked
- You must include specific evidence to support your thesis statement. Evidence can be visual or written.
- You must show analytical skills (how does the evidence help answer the question)
- You must turn in your research log and a bibliography
- You can do an essay. For an essay to receive top marks, you would have to write more words than the minimum 250 words (max 500 words)
- You could do a hybrid essay and multimedia ( for instance podcast/voicethread/animoto)
- You could do a multimedia presentation that has written word sprinkled throughout the product
The steps: (Links will be added as we move through the project)
- Step 1: Creating a good question (Investigating)
- Step 2: Research (Investigating)
- Step 3: Design/Storyboard/outline plan for communication (Communication)
- Step 4: Share/Feedback design with peers (Communication)
- Step 5: Create product (Communication/Critical thinking)