The psychology experiment has 2 main objectives:
- To familiarise you with psychological research and methods
- To conduct an experiment required for psychological study where one independent variable is manipulated (TBD) and one dependent variable is measured (number of words remembered)
After conducting your experiment as a class you will collate all the data and then do your write up of the experiment individually along the following guidelines.
Part 1: Groups of 4
Title Page includes the name of the experiment: The Effect of Word Order on Memory: The Serial Position Effect centered and then in the lower left hand corner your names, your class and the date of submission on three separate lines
We will also have another experiment based on another variable.
Brainstorm ideas of variables we could look into.
Introduction includes :
- the subject you are investigating
- details of the studies being replicated and its findings
- why you are doing the experiment
- what the aim is
- what your hypotheses are (i.e.) our first hypothesis is that memory of the middle section of words will be greater if a larger font is used.
Method is given to you but briefly state the design of the experiment:
- who the participants are (we will all be using an opportunity or convenience sampling based on time constraints instead of random sampling)
- the materials needed to conduct the experiment
- an informed consent form
- the step by step procedure to conduct the experiment referring to instructions in the appendix
- Include a short justification for each part of your method.
- Hyperlink your work here