We have been discussing ways of defining abnormality, and symptoms of various disorders. We will now look prevalence and how it varies between regions, cultures, age groups and genders.
You will create 1-sheet comparative report or poster or pictogram on the prevalence of 1 disorder.
Max 400 words
- Describe the symptoms
- Explain the current difference in prevalence between two countries or region in terms of :
- Socio economic level
- Other relevant variable
LIST OF DISORDERS
- Addiction (alcohol/substance)
- Bipolar disorder
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Dissociative Identity Disorder (a.k.a multiple personality disorder)
- Other, with teacher approval
- 10B: Thursday January 31st
- 10C: Tuesday January 29th