We have been discussing the different aspects and questions related to the circular economy.
“A framework for an economy that is restorative and regenerative by design” to go from linear to circular, like an ecosystem
Now is time to look at some specific examples:
- New Plastic economy
- Circular Fashion
- Letote fashion rental
- Cell phones
- Maker spaces
- Autonomous car sharing
- Selling light as a service
- The Circular city see also
- Business to Business Asset Sharing
You will then be placed in groups where you will need to explain the approach to your peers.
You will re-think or re-design a product or service for a circular economy
- Pick a product or service that is currently sold on the linear economy
- You can pick anything, from a fruit to a city
- Describe the product and all of the waste and negative externalities that are caused by it’s production system
- Describe the re-design of the product or it’s
- Give a description of the main changes you would apply to the production of the product or service
- Suggest ways that your ideas can be implemented in the production of your product
- Clearly explain how it applies the principles to the circular economy
- Design out waste and pollution
- Keep products and materials in use
- Regenerate natural systems (imitate natural ecosystems)
- You will present your idea to the class as a pitch.
- You need to convince your audience that this is a realistic, worthy idea
- You may present as a slide show or a video
Things to consider:
- Who will use it? Why will they use it?
- If you are making a product, how does the design of your product consider a flow of materials?
- If you are designing a service, how does it fit within a circular economy?
- Describe the relationship you will require with your customers/users.
- TSC: A, B. D
- Due TBD