Types of Government:
- What do we mean when we call people and their ideas right or left wing?
- What is the difference between socialism and communism?
- What are possible drawbacks to the various government systems we have discussed?
In groups, fill in the boxes below. You may use wikipedia.com
|Definition||Name a specific present example|
In groups, you will pick on form of government listed and create a 30 second ad, trying to sell your form of government as THE BEST for the people.
1. In groups of 2 or 3, research one of the government systems you have defined in question 1. (If possible, no 2 groups should research the same system.)
2. Create a 30 second, single shot TV advertisement showing your findings and persuading your audience that your system is best for them. (Even if you personally disagree)
3. Include at least one current example
4. Write the script for your advertisement:
include all text
include all visual cues (this can be written or drawn as a storyboard)
4. Be creative. You may choose to be overly enthusiastic, even exaggerate some facts ( but don’t lie) to get your point across.
5. We will shoot the commercial and present next class.
Working with Video handouts and examples
Part 2: UTOPIA (if time)
Before moving on, let’s think of what we believe would be a “perfect” government, if there is such a thing.
- What is utopia?
- What specific characteristics would be necessary to create a perfect government? A perfect world?
Then, you will work on creating your own perfect government.
Here is a useful sparknote reading on Thomas More’s Utopia