- What are podcasts?
- Do you listen to podcasts?
- What are characteristics of podcasts?
- What makes a good podcast?
- What is the difference between a podcast and a radio show?
- How do you find podcasts that interest you?
- Do you have to download podcasts?
Good podcast for InS:
- Crazy Genius
- NYT’s the Daily
- IMF Podcasts
- Goats and Soda
- The Guardian podcasts
This American Life
- TED radio hour
- Hidden Brain
- All Songs Considered
I will be absent on Monday May 27th. You will have time to begin working on your own podcast showing your understanding of a globalization issue and of the podcast format.
We have been discussing ways that gobalization impact us, the environment, governments, power, people, places etc.
Pick a topic that you are all interested in, and do some research to answer a question about globalization.
You podcast must include:
- A research question
- A title
- All members’ voices
- Soundbites (quotes)
- Music (intro, out-tro)
- Audio credits
- Segments with audio transitions
- Varying arguments (you could include a discussion you all have in the podcast)
- Ideally, tell a story from beginning to end, with a character (can be you) or place or event a the core of your reporting.
- MLA sourcing on a separate doc
- 5-10 minutes long
- Be creative, be funny, be entertaining
It might be a good idea to split the roles such as:
- Lead researcher
- Script editor
- Sound/GarageBand Editor (This will be time consuming)
Possible themes are:
- culture / diaspora /
- uncontacted / remote society
- cybersecurity / cybercrime / privacy / Government surveillance /government control
- smart city and new technology
- nationalism /right-wing / populism
- women / empowerment
- TBP Transboundary pollution
- ISIS / Tribalization
- Technology / internet / mobile phones / social media /social networks
- climate change / environment
- tax heavens / money
- free trade
- cultural imperialism
- Anything else with teacher approval.
You will have all of next week to create your podcast.
They are due during the week of Monday June 3rd
You will be graded on all 4 ATLs: Organization, collaboration, thinking and communication and criterion B
You may use iMovie to create your podcast, but GarageBand is better.
Mr Broughton will come to give us a crash course on audio editing and using mics.
Mr Noonan says: Have you students look at the automation function