Student Led Conferences are coming up on February 22nd!
In order to help you be more prepared to discuss your learning with your parents, we will create a Showcase Portfolio page on our blogs. You can include this page on your navigation menu at the top of your blog.
- Your Student Led Conferences goals (that we worked on in Tutor group a few weeks ago)
- A brief reflection on each goal. Did you meet your goal? Why or why not? Did it help you this year?
- Special pieces of work that you would like to highlight
- A visual or a link for each piece of work you are highlighting – even if you don’t have a link or a visual for a piece, you should still include it. You can take a picture of it anytime before school ends and then include it in your portfolio later.
- A brief description of why this piece of work is special
Types of work that you might like to include:
- things you’re proud of
- things you did well on
- things you found interesting
- things you thought were fun
- things you learned a lot from
Steps to complete your Showcase Portfolio
- Create a new PAGE on your blog
- Call your page Showcase or Showcase Portfolio or Portfolio
- Add a title: Grade 6 (next year we’ll add a new section for grade 7, and so on)
- Type your goals from your SLC document
- Type your reflections for each goal
- Determine which pieces of work you want to highlight – these may be the same pieces from SLC (but it’s ok if they’re not)
- Find examples for each piece of work you’re highlighting – could be a blog link, could be a picture or a video & add them to your page
- Type a description for each piece, think about:
- Why did you include this piece
- What did you learn from this piece/experience
- What are your next steps with this piece of work/experience