Congratulations! We have completed the first phase of our Becoming a Blogger project in MYP Technology!
During the Investigate stage we explored other blogs to learn what makes a good blog, brainstormed ideas for what our blogs could be about, learned how to use our blogging platform (WordPress), and reflected on our learning. Because this is technology class, we learned how to share our learning on our individual blogs. I’m impressed with how much you were all able to do: uploading documents and .pdfs to Google Docs and sharing them, learning how to use Inspiration and WordPress, and making links to your completed work.
Since you all did such an excellent job, I would like to highlight a few especially outstanding student blog posts. Please read at least two of the posts linked below and leave a comment about what you learned through reading their work. As you read them, what do you notice that they did well? What techniques could you use in your own posts?
Also, a few reminders:
- You have time to continue improving your work on the Investigate (including your Blog Research, Brainstorm and Reflection). Feel free to add, edit and improve them until we get back from break.
- Once you are satisfied with all of your work on your Blog Research, please resolve all of the comments so they no longer show on the sidebar of your document (we can still see them in the Comment Stream, so don’t worry about them disappearing completely).
- Please make sure you have a tech category on your blog. Don’t forget to put all of your posts in there, otherwise we won’t be able to find them.
- As you continue to enhance your blog, please make sure to add these widgets: categories, meta, links.
- Please read other student blogs and leave thoughtful comments.