Posted by nanwanis | Posted in Grade 3N 2015/2016, Who We Are | Posted on September 17, 2015
The third graders were very excited to get their individual school email accounts this week. For many children, it is the first time to own an email address. For this very reason, it is important to go over the details of what it means to be a responsible digital citizen. The students spent the last several days discussing essential agreements with their teachers and parents, as well as sharing their understanding on how they can use this tool to help their learning in and out of school.
The children were given the following eight questions to ponder over:
1. What is email?
2. How do electronic mails work?
3. Why do we need an email account in Grade 3?
4. What might change when we start using email?
5. Is emailing a good thing or bad thing, and why?
6. How do you think you will feel when you send your first email from your school account, and why?
7. How do emails keep us in touch with what’s going on?
8. What is our responsibility with emailing?
Please read their responses featured in the video below.