On Wednesday we will have an oral communication activity based on this activity with did in class.
Assessment task Spanish 7: Unidad 5 “ Vivimos aquí”
Presentation dates: May 29 and May 31
Una casa increíble
Describe tu casa.
Di dónde está, cómo es, y qué cuartos y muebles tiene.
A. Use power point, keynote, voicethread, iMovie, prezi or any other program.
Your text should be accompanied by pictures.
You should have a least 10 slides and talk about all the rooms and the furniture in the house.
You will present your project to the class and you will post it on your blog.
B. In your description you should use the verbs “ser” and “estar” correctly.
C. You also need to use the prepositions
1. delante de 2. detrás de 3. cerca de 4. lejos de 5. encima de
6. debajo de 7. dentro de 8. en 9. al lado de
D. Make sure to also use some ordinal numbers ( for the floors of the house)
Here are some sample sentences:
Está cerca del centro. Es grande y tiene cinco cuartos y cuatro baños. La escalera es muy bonita. La casa tiene muchos muebles. En la sala hay un sofá y dos sillones.
En la planta baja hay…..
En el primer piso hay….. Los cuartos son grandes y bonitos.
La cocina está al lado del comedor.
Oral presentation and visual interpretation of a scene from the movie
For this oral task, you will select a scene from the movie “La Bamba and speak 3 minutes about the following:
- ¿De qué se trata? ¿Qué sucede en la escena? ¿Quiénes son las personas en la escena?
- ¿Dónde se rodó?
- Explica porque escogiste esta escena.
- Describe la escena con el vocabulario apropiado.
- Explica cual es el mensaje de la película.
- Da tus impresiones sobre la película.
1. Writing task: You write an email to a friend about your weekend. ( you will find an example on page 9 of your unit booklet “Au téléphone; also use expressions you find on page 4 and 6) (of course you will need to use the passé composé). Also, make sure to have a proper greeting and ending.
(15 to 20 lines)
Here are some good starter sentences:
- Je t’écris pour parler de mon weekend
- Je t’écris pour te raconter ce qui s’est passé pendant le weekend
- Je t’écris pour te dire ce que j’ai fait pendant le weekend
2. Writing task: Your friend phones and asks to speak to you. He or she has some problems and wants to ask you advice about them. Console your friend and offer some advice. (you can refer to the two conversations we wrote together in class).
Make sure to also use the expressions specific for a telephone conversation.
3. Reading comprehension: You will answer questions related to a text about the French rap singer MC Solaar (previously seen) and one with some letters to a journalist who advises young people and his responses.
4. Visual interpretation: You will receive two sources (text and image) related to our “Au téléphone” unit. You will need to interpret the sources and answer to the questions.
1. Write a 7 paragraph letter to your Latin-American pen pal, in which you:
Introduce yourself (name, age, nationality, etc)
tell about your physical appearance (three items)
tell about your personality (three items)
tell about the things you like to do and the things you don’t like to do (three each)
tell about the things you like to eat and about the things you don’t like to eat (three each)
talk about the subjects you study at school and which ones you like and why
talk about your family members (describe them, give their names and age etc) (at least two family members
In this task you will need to use the language appropriate in a letter written to a person your age.
2. Writing task 2: describe what you wear in the four different seasons and what you like to do during these seasons.
En verano llevo un traje de baño porque me gusta nadar en el mar.
También llevo una camiseta y pantalones cortos. En verano me gusta nadar, montar en bicicleta, visitar mi familia y tomar el sol.
3. Reading comprehension ( read and study the texts “El fin de semana en España y Chile” (p 234) , “Saludos desde San Antonio y Miami”(p 72) These will prepare you well for part three of the test)
We will have a summative assessment task during the test week.
This is the content of the task, so you can prepare for this well at home:
1. Part one: Write an ad for the restaurant you developed a brochure for ( you can use the ad for “Casa Isabel” as an example. you can find this in your textbook online on page 285. In this ad you will:
- advertise your restaurant and the food
- talk about the different dishes
- talk about the specialties and the drinks
- try to cater to different tastes
- give your restaurant a name
- say why it is special and why people should eat there
2. Part 2:
- Write a recipe using the “Usted” command form (you can base it on the recipe you wrote for your restaurant project) (f.e.: Mescle bien los ingredientes, añada los ingredientes uno por uno)
- You are a language teacher; tell one of your students what to do and not to do to prepare for the final exam (use the “tú” command.) (f.e.: Estudia bien el vocabulario nuevo, no hables con amigos en internet, no te olvides de estudiar los verbos irregulares)
- You are a tourist guide; tell your tourists (use the “Uds” command) how to prepare for a trip to your autonomous region in Spain. ( for this you can go back to Unidad 1 : Vamos de viaje) (f.e.: Hagan la maleta, hablen con el agente de viajes, compren un boleto de ida y vuelta)
3. Part 3: Write a paragraph about your autonomous region in Spain (about 20 lines)
4. Part 4: Visual interpretation: Some questions about two ads for restaurants, including “La Casa Isabel”.
5. Part 5: Reading comprehension (two texts) (one on tapas and the other on “Dos tradiciones culinarias” .
1. Write a 7 paragraph letter to your Latin-American pen pal, in which you:
- Introduce yourself (name, age, nationality, etc)
- tell about your physical appearance
- tell about your personality
- tell about the things you like to do and don’t like to do
- tell about the things you like to eat an don’t like to eat
- talk about the subject you study at school and which ones you like and why
- talk about your family members (describe them, give their names and age etc
- In this task you will need to use the language appropriate in a letter written to a person your age
2. grammar and vocabulary task related to the units studied
3. Reading comprehension and visual interpretation
Practice the new vocabulary of our unit by completing pages 7-9 in your booklet.
When finished you can practice the newly introduced stem-changing verbs on page 14 and 15 ( Gramática B and C).
Finish these for homework. I will check them on Friday.
You can go to your online text to Unidad 5 lección 2, page 293. (there is also a copy on my desk in case you prefer the printout)
There you will see exercise 20. This has a review (crítica) of a restaurant.
Read this review of “El restaurante, La Madrileña” written by el señor Sabor.
Use this review as an example to write your review about the restaurant that you created for your project on gastronomy. (remember your brochure)
As you notice in the “crítica” example, you will need to use the preterit tense to express what you did, tasted, etc. (pedí un gazpacho). You will also need to use the imperfect to say how something tasted, what it was like (estaba excelente, tenían flan de postre)
Some other possible phrases beside the sample review:
Me encanta este restaurante porque sirven deliciosas enchiladas y burritos. Porque me gusta probar una gran variedad de platos como…. Me gusta la combinación (mezcla) de mariscos, arroz, pollo
Share your work with Mrs Rossing on a google doc
On Wednesday you will have a reading comprehension task based on our unit Au téléphone and the passé composé. You will also have a small written task (Imagine you had a great weekend and you are telling your friend about it. Write a conversation in which you answer his/her questions telling what you did. You will write at least 8 sentences. Of course your practice for the individual will help you to prepare for the written task as well).
During this written task you will have an individual oral based on the translation we did in class and a description of what you did during the weekend. (Qu’est-ce que tu as fait pendant le weekend?)
Here is the task specific rubric.